Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a pretty fun (and busy) Memorial Day weekend. We went to my parent's old stomping ground (Palatka) Saturday for their blue crab festival. The funny thing is, neither of us had any blue crab! They closed off several streets for the festival and there were a lot of people selling crafts. We walked around for a couple of hours before heading home.

Sunday we headed to see the Eikelands. We met them at Tijuana Flats for lunch. We pulled up pretty much at the same time. I hadn't been there in years and it was better than I remembered it. We went back to their house and Lisa, Kayleigh and I started baking cookies and cake for her birthday party. Lisa allowed Kayleigh to decorate the cookies, but said she couldn't help decorate the cake. We hung out for a little bit after that and then the kids went down for a nap. When they got up they headed to their friend's house for a cookout while Matt, Robbie and I headed to a park with Jenna. Jenna is Lisa's neighbor and good friend. She is starting a photography business and offered to take Robbie's picture to add to her portfolio. She did an awesome job!



After Robbie's photo session we headed to the cookout. The hosts are the parents of one of Erik's friends. They have a pool, so we brought our suits. I think Robbie enjoyed the pool, minus the occasional splashes. Kayleigh was good to tell us when she was jumping in so that she wouldn't splash Robbie. Matt and I headed back early to feed Robbie and get him to bed. After we put all of the kids to bed, Lisa and I cut out and decorated Kayleigh's bunny cake. After the decorating was over, Lisa and I stayed up way too late playing Farkle.

Monday was Kayleigh's 4th birthday. After breakfast Kayleigh opened gifts from Erik and Lisa. Her big gift was a new bike. They had Kayleigh stand in front of the garage and then opened the door for her to see it. She was super excited and jumped right on. The birthday party started at 11. We had pizza for lunch - yum! Jenna came with her kids, Jack and Kate. Kayleigh and Brian play well with them. Kayleigh and Jack are best friends and so cute together! Kayleigh even let Jack help her blow out her candles.

We bought a sweet potato for Robbie to have at the cookout. We didn't give it to him then, so I gave him some for breakfast since I didn't have any cereal for him. He didn't eat it all at breakfast, so I was going to let him finish it at lunch, but we couldn't find it. Later that afternoon Lisa found the tupperware container outside in the yard. Apparently the dogs got it down from the table and took it outside for a midmorning snack!

After the party I went up stairs to help put Kayleigh down for a nap. When I came back downstairs, Matt had put Robbie down for a nap, so we decided to stay until after dinner. I didn't mind the extra long visit!

Here are 28 pictures from the weekend:



Yesterday I saw Robbie's 2 bottom teeth starting to make their appearance. Teething is not fun, but we're hoping to see the fruits of Robbie's labor soon!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Looks like you guys had a blast with one another! The photos are amazing too.

I saw Chet, Mia and Nathan today at the beach (a friend of mine knows her and invited her to our playdate). it was nice chatting. She said you guys were coming down next week!!! Please let me know so we can get together. I'm dying to see this adorable little Robbie!