Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thank you Jenna!

A few months ago I was excited because I had finished cross stitching and adding the details to the Christmas tree skirt that I had (literally) been working on for years. The only problem was that it wasn't actually finished. I started with a large square of fabric that I sewed on and when I was done I needed someone to cut it into a circle, hem it, add the slit so it could go around the tree and the center hole for the trunk. Lisa's friend Jenna has been into sewing and has made cute clothes for her kids and nieces and nephew. When Lisa came over in June I sent her home with my finished but not finished tree skirt and emailed Jenna and told her she had to finish it for me and I wouldn't take no for an answer!! :) Luckily she was kind enough to do it for me and it looks great! I am so excited to finally have it completely finished and ready for a Christmas tree to be under. I'm a little sad, though. I should have waited to give it to Jenna to work on because it's a long time until December 25! I am excited that we will get to use it for baby's first Christmas. Hopefully we'll be able to see it under all of his gifts! :)

Finished but not finished tree skirt (It's folded in half. The other half is plain fabric):



The truly finished tree skirt:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable. I wouldn't want to cover it up with anything!!

Loving Mommyhood said...

It was my pleasure! You did such an awesome job that I was so afraid of messing it up, but thankfully, I turned out okay. I agree, I wouldn't want anything to cover it up!

Molly said...

Valerie, that's an amazing cross-stitching accomplishment! Wow! It's so detailed and huge...and gorgeous! I'm glad that Lisa's friend could help you out with finishing it up; what a treasure!!!