Saturday, August 7, 2010

Double Digits!!

I've been watching the counter on the blog count down the number of days until the baby comes. We're finally in double digits! In just over 3 months we'll be welcoming baby Robbie into the world. When I first put up the counter it was somewhere around 200 days until he came and now we're down to 99. Whew! We've gone from "I guess I'm pregnant because the doctor told me I was" to finding out he's a boy, a growing baby bump, and both of us getting to feel him kick and move around.

On a totally different subject, one of the high school science teachers quit last week. The school thought they had a replacement, but he decided to teach physics at a public school (the one that I left) and while they have interviewed a couple of applicants, they haven't found one that is the right fit. Before I left at the end of the school year I said I would come back if they needed me to start the year and they took me up on the offer. They have more people they want to interview, but they don't want to rush into anything. I'll be teaching chemistry, biology and physics, hopefully only for a couple of weeks before they hire a permanent teacher. Like I keep telling Matt, the beginning of the year is a review and either they will have hired a new teacher to do the harder chapters or I will be home with the baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to have such a good reputation that they hire you back to teach those HS subjects. I couldn't do that!! I see a lot of dinners out in the next couple weeks. :)

Loving Mommyhood said...

Now your time is really going to fly with working some. Robbie will be here soon or as Lisa calls him, Baby Bob. He's gonna be so cute.