Sunday, October 26, 2008

Reunion Weekend

This weekend was our 10 year high school reunion! (Haha Lisa, I told!) It was such a blast seeing some people that I haven't seen since high school. I have seen a lot of my girl friends through the years at bridal and baby showers and weddings. Actually, we joke that is the only time we see each other!

Here's a rundown of our weekend:

Friday afternoon we (Matthew and I, and my sister and her family) went to my grandma's place to visit with her. She took us to the deli for lunch, which has great food and a good selection. Friday evening we went to see Matt's dad and stepmom. They took us to a little restaurant that used to be a house. Unfortunately we missed Brittany by a week. Her fall break was last week. We will get to see her at Thanksgiving, though.

Saturday afternoon was a picnic up at school. The gym was open, but it was so nice outside we mostly visited outside. Matt's mom had family over to her place, so Matt dropped me off and visited with his family. I did miss seeing everyone, but I enjoyed seeing my high school friends.

Saturday evening was the formal dinner out at the beach. There were some people at the dinner that weren't at the picnic, so that was fun to see them. The food was good, but I was much more interested in the company. Matt came with me this time, though he didn't have as much fun as I did.

We left shortly after breakfast this morning. Traffic must have been good because we made great time. I slept for a while on the way home and just let Matt drive. It's nice to be home, but we had a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

AAAAAAGH!!! How could you tell everyone our age?!?! Just kidding. Most people know anyway.
I'm glad you all got home so fast. It took us 6 (SIX!) hours to get home because the dogs kept making us think they had to go to the bathroom. Bad dogs!

Kelli said...

What a blast! It was so good to see you and Matt. :)