Saturday, October 18, 2008

Crazy (and Expensive) Week

I don't usually say this, but I was looking forward to Monday. It was a teacher planning day and I had a lot that I needed to get done. I was really excited that I didn't have to wait too long at the copy machine and was able to get most of my copies done right away. Of course, there's always something I forget about. It took longer for me to get everything done, so I didn't leave early like I wanted to, but that's ok because I didn't leave it until later like I do on most school days.

Wednesday Chipotle had a soft opening and was giving away free drinks and burritos. I got to the restaurant around 5 and was able to read half a chapter of a school book before getting in line so Matt wouldn't have to wait as long. It ended up taking about 35 minutes for us to place our order and get our food (they make it in front of you a la Subway) and drinks. It was a beautiful evening, so we ate outside at a table for two. School had flyers about the free food, so I saw some teachers and some people from church. I think Matt and I will definitely go back because we both liked it. Unfortunately we found out after dinner that my front passenger tire was completely flat. AAA was there in 20 minutes to put on the spare and we still made it to Bible study. Thursday after school I went and had 4 new tires put on and the alignment done. That cost a lot more than I was expecting, but the tires are rated at 80,000 miles so I shouldn't have to do it again for a while.

Friday was Hoops for Heart, a fundraiser at school to raise money for the American Heart Association. The closer it got to the time to play, the rowdier the kids got. Not that I wasn't expecting that, but I was still hoping to get more accomplished than I did during my last class, which was cut short for the kids to play.

Thursday night, Matt heard Juliet scream and her tail was definitely bothering her. We think that Simba pounced on her tail and when she jumped up she pulled it. Matt called the vet and they said to bring her in. We brought Simba as well so they could do a check up on both of them since they hadn't been in 1 1/2 years. We were very happy to find out that she didn't break or twist her tail. The vet sent us home with some pain medicine for her, but she seems fine today. She barely moved her tail yesterday and today she has it straight up in the air. We are definitely keeping our eye on them when Simba wants to chase her, but hopefully it won't happen again.

Today our Sunday School class volunteered with Builders Care (similar to Habitat for Humanity). We did a lot of painting and were done by lunch. I was really happy to not have to do yard work. Not my favorite thing to do. We painted one of the bedrooms bubble gum pink. It was very bright. I'm sure it will be toned down once the furniture was moved in. It seems like there is still a lot of work for them to do before it is finished, though.

Tomorrow I'm going up to school to work with my homeroom on their Homecoming banner. I had about 10 RSVP, though I'm not sure how many of those 10 are going to actually do any work. It will be interesting to see what does happen, though.

Matt and I were going to go to church tonight, but we're pooped. Matt is actually taking a nap, which is weird because I'm usually the napper, so he's obviously tired. I could go for a nap too, but then I'd never get to sleep tonight!

Whew, this is a long post!!

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Whew! I'm ready for a nap after all of that!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to bed!!! That made me too tired to do anything else.
That was very nice of you to help with the house!!! I'm sure people are always needed for that. Good for you. :)