Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Again!!

A snake crawled onto our porch again! I heard something knocking on the aluminum siding, so I just thought the cats found another lizard. I went out to save the lizard only to find out that it was a snake! It was easy to grab Simba and toss him back in the house, but Juliet was right by the snake, and because I was scared, I wasn't as thrilled about grabbing her, but I did. Then I got the camera to take a picture and put my game face on. I got a little closer to the snake to get more pictures. You can see how close the snake is to the porch door, so I had to sneak by it to prop open the door. Our shovel was on the porch, probably from the last snake, so I used it to toss the snake outside. I tried to whack it with the shovel, but I don't think I hit it. It was kind of hard to see because our grass needs mowed. It sort of sounds like it crawled into the drain pipe from the gutter, but I certainly wasn't getting down to look in!

Enjoy the pictures. Hopefully this snake won't make its way inside!

The picture I took inside:


A close up of the head:


Trying to show how long the snake is:

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Oh my! How did you hear it go into the gutter? No more letting the cats onto the porch when Matt isn't home!

Anonymous said...

Don't ever kill the snake! I'm surprised at you! They're good to have around.
dad