Saturday, September 27, 2008

End of the week

Friday was such a crazy day for me! Crystal (one of the teachers) came to tell me that we were having a fire drill sometime that day. Great! Friday was the day that the 7th graders cell model was due. (By the way, it cracks me up that I assign a cell model for my students and I had to do one when I was in 7th grade.) That meant that I had 7th graders and their parents in my room all morning dropping off their projects. I planned a lab to do with the 8th graders, which I only had half of out because I forgot a few things. By the time we turned on the hot plates 1st period, the fire alarm was going off, which was funny, because everyone of my 1st period students thought it was their hot plate that set off the fire alarm! I can't complain, but my 2nd period wanted to show off their models, which set us back for the lab I planned for them to do. I was so exhausted by the time my last class rolled around, which I love!, that I let them relax and talk after the lab was over.

After school I followed Janet to her house because we were having a slumber party with 4 other teachers. It was fun! We had chips and dip for dinner, played Catch Phrase and Cranium, watched a very little bit of the presidential debate, and went to bed. This morning we sat on the porch and had yummy waffles for breakfast. I went straight from Janet's house to Bible study. This was the last week for our book "Calm My Anxious Heart". Next week we are going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and the following week starting a new book, "The New Eve".

This week Matt called a few lawn care companies to come give us estimates to treat our lawn for bugs and fertilize. Unfortunately, it would cost extra for them to care for the bushes and flowers, but I think we'll be able to manage that part. Our impatiens are still doing well, though they look like they need a little more water. We might have to spray them again for bugs, but at least we can get a professional opinion!

I also finished the first book on the NEA list of 100 must reads, "Pride and Prejudice". It was pretty good, though I couldn't tell you why it was #1. Matt wants to buy the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which is #2 on the list. I actually picked up a couple of other books at the library that weren't on the list, so I'll be busy until I start #2!

No comments: