Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Robbie's first day

Robbie has been talking about going to preschool for months!  (I used it as motivation to get him potty trained in January because he had to be potty trained to go.)  Meet the teacher was August 27th and we found out that 3 of his friends from Mother's Morning Out were in his class, including his best friend.  Hopefully those 2 are behaving themselves!  Robbie wasn't feeling too social that day, but he really is shy in new situations.  I'm sure by now he's warmed up and he likes his teacher.

The biggest difference between preschool and Mother's Morning Out is car line.  Last year I had to get the kids out of the car and wait for Robbie's class to be called.  This year I pull up and a helper gets him out of the car and all of the kids sit by the wall inside until car line is over and they go to their classroom.  It is so much easier, but I do miss talking to the moms while we waited last year.

Robbie's first day picture:




Alex wanted his picture taken, too.


Bye Robbie!!


He didn't even turn around!


Picking Robbie up after a great first day!  (I'm sad that my phone focused on the mirror instead of Robbie.)


Robbie's teacher gives the kids a sticker at the end of the day if they've been good.  Last week Robbie got an ant sticker and, when I first saw it, I thought there was a bug on his hand!  I almost smacked him!  He loved it and was so happy that he got the bug he wanted.  Boys! :)

No comments: