Friday, July 29, 2011

Potty Time

My friend Amber talked me into "potty prepping" Robbie. She is going to start with her son soon, and I guess she wanted a friend to go through it with. Xavier is 4 months younger than Robbie, so she hasn't started yet. I'm not going into this thinking that we are going to have Robbie potty trained any time soon, but I want him to get used to sitting on the potty so it won't be scary later. Matt and I have noticed that Robbie goes to the bathroom right before we put him in the tub. I don't know if it's the sound of running water that makes him have to go, but the first night I put him on the potty before bath time, he went! When I tried it again last night he didn't go, but he did fall off. I was sitting on the floor next to him, but I wasn't really watching what he was doing. I looked over to see the fall. He got a bump on his head, but it didn't look too bad this morning. I know that with boys you just have to get used to bumps and bruises, so I didn't get too worked up about it last night. Unfortunately, we couldn't find the baby Tylenol last night because I imagine the fall gave him quite the headache, but he slept through the night. (We heard him at 5:45, but went back to sleep for almost 45 minutes.) I have also noticed that Robbie poops during breakfast, so I put him on the potty this morning when I thought it might be time, but Robbie decided to wait until nap time to do the deed. Like I said, I'm not trying to hurry anything, but if I can avoid a poopy diaper I will!!

The cute potty we got. The seat can be removed and put on a big toilet as a toddler seat and the top will fold down so it can be a stool.



Matt said that this picture will be shown at Robbie's wedding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They like to "do the deed" when you least expect it!! Trust me - I know that for a fact.

Anonymous said...

Another thought - if you out their feet in warm water, that usually makes them go. It's worth a try.

Loving Mommyhood said...

I love him on the potty - awesome!

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Love the potty picture! It should also be on Robbie's senior page of his year book!