Saturday, January 16, 2010

A green cleaning tip

I'm sure some of you never thought I would post a cleaning tip, but I got this from one of the teachers I work with. Rebecca is pregnant with twins and was asking about green cleaners and Adair mentioned this tip that she got from Patty. (Props all around!!) (Of course, we all know about the many uses of vinegar, too.) I tried it last night, so I know it's a good one.

For glass top stoves:
Sprinkle with baking soda. Wet paper towels under hot water and lay on top. Leave overnight. Wipe it up in the morning!

The baking soda soaked up a lot of the grease on the stove top. I did have to scrub (not hard) a few places and there are some stubborn stains I think I will redo tonight, but for cheap baking soda it worked well! I did use a lot of baking soda, so to make quick work of getting it all up I used the vacuum hose.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Cool tip! I've tried this one too, but inside my oven and it worked well. Not perfect, but there weren't any really harsh fumes that took my breath away as in other cleaners. Thanks for the idea!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Thanks for the tip. We have a glass top stove and it sure it a pain to clean, so I'll try this.