Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas presents!

Ok, I know January is more than half way over, so it may seems a little late to be posting about Christmas presents, but you'll understand. My grandma and my abuelo both gave us Christmas money. Last spring break I decided to take down and wash the sheers. I didn't put them back up right away and the cats tore them while the curtains were waiting to be hung, so for about a year I have been wanting to do something different. We have been talking about doing shutters in the front windows, but those are expensive! We found nice curtains at Walmart a few months ago that matched our bedding, so we went back after Christmas to spend our money on more curtains for the front of the house. We reused the rods from the sheers and saved some money there. We put up the curtains in the dining room right away, but waited to put up the ones in the living room until we took down the Christmas tree and decorations.

The dining room (and Juliet's tail)



The living room

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Real pretty - they look like satin. Good choice.