Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hello November!

It's November 1st and it finally feels like fall here! We did have a few cool days before, but last week it was back up into the 90s. I'm really excited about November because it is such a short teaching month. I only teach 3 1/2 days this week, 3 days the next week, 4 days the 3rd week, then it's Thanksgiving week so no students then, then there's just one more teaching day of November (the 30th is a Monday). Of course, November 15th is always a good day, and I am taking a 4 day weekend in honor of that special day.

I had fun on the last day of October as well. Matt and I went to our friend's house to watch the first half of the Gator game. We came home at half time so Matt could grill steaks for dinner. The problem was, we were out of propane, so we just went up to Chick-fil-a. (Mom, how's that for a new excuse to get out of cooking?!?!) We had trick-or-treaters for about 1 1/2 hours, though it wasn't very constant. We'd have a couple big groups, then maybe just one or two kids come. We didn't even give out the 1 bag of candy we bought. I took a couple of pictures to show our set-up in the dining room that the people saw that did come. I'm sure glad they don't come in the house! We didn't put out all of our decorations this year. Matt said he's just saving his decorating energy for Christmas. He'll sure need it!!

Our table decorations. Everything but the placemats are from Yankee Candle.


The lit candles.


The chair that held the candy we handed out and the rest of the decorations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your last 2 ways to go out to eat (wrong nite to meet friends, no propane) are better than I've ever thought of - and I've had a lot of years to come up with reasons (excuses) not to cook. Now I just say I want to go out!!! :)

Kelli said...

I love how you post pics of your cute dining room. Now that I've admired how cute it is, I have to laugh because I couldn't help but notice that you have WHITE seat cushions. In the future, they'll contain nice little peanut butter adn jelly handprint decorations on them!!! =) Maybe when that time comes, you'll invest in those plastic covers.

Anyway, love your decorations. Fun stuff!!!