Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

First off, happy birthday yesterday dad!

It has been quite the birthday weekend! I decided a while back that I was going to make my own 4 day weekend for my birthday, so I took Friday and Monday off. Friday I did the closest to nothing as possible! We headed down to St. Augustine to meet Lisa, Erik, Kayleigh and Brian. Jim and Shirley let us use one of the 2 bedroom condos at their time share. Their room was right below ours and they had us down for dinner Friday night and for breakfast this morning. They also watched Kayleigh and Brian Saturday night so we could go out to a nice adult dinner. Saturday Matt and Erik went to play golf while Lisa and I took the kids to the outlet mall for a couple of hours. After lunch, the boys watched the kids so Lisa and I could get pedicures. We were right next to Great Clips, so I got my hair cut, too. Then Lisa and I headed back to the outlet mall, though we did not have any luck. :(

We were disappointed to find out that there is not a Cheesecake Factory in St. Augustine and we were not up to driving to Jacksonville to go. I had heard good things of Conch House from friends, so we decided to go there for dinner. We opted for outside dining and were able to get a tree house table. They look like little huts and they are over the water. All of the fish know they can get free food, so there were a ton in the water that we could feed. We started with a banana pepper calamari appetizer, Lisa and I both got twin filet mignons, Erik had the grouper and Matt had the Cracker Combo, a mixture of fried seafoods. The waitress brought us a huge piece of key lime pie. I also ordered a piece of chocolate cake. That was my favorite part of the meal!

After breakfast, Lisa and I opened up our cards and our gift from Jim and Shirley. I also got Lisa a 30th birthday gift. I had the idea a while ago, so I was ready to give it to her! Later, we got subs from Publix and had a picnic in front of the fort in St. Augustine. Kayleigh loved running up and down the hills at the fort. We all took turns running with her. After lunch we walked by all of the horse carriages. While Kayleigh liked looking at the horses, so didn't want to pet them or go up to them. We parted ways after that.

When we got home, Matt set up a scavenger hunt for my birthday gift. The first hint lead me to the fireplace mantle. The second to one of the maps we got in Charleston. The third to the bookcase. The fourth to my pillow and the last to my gift!

We're going out to dinner to a Japanese steak house tomorrow with our Bible study tomorrow night, so we went to Mellow Mushroom tonight. It was still a treat!

Happy birthday Lisa!!!

Lisa's birthday gift:


My birthday gift:

Happy birthday to me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had a great time! Happy birthday to both of you.

Anonymous said...

What a FUN weekend you all had. I love the gift for Lisa. Did you keep some for yourself? And that was a neat idea Matt had for you to find your gift - plus they're pretty, too!! See you soon.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Let's just say I'm going to put a link from my blog to yours! I think you summed up our weekend well.
I can't wait for our next birthday weekend!

Kelli said...

Aw. Happy birthday Val. So, what did you get Lisa? I see the white box, but what's inside?

Okay, gotta jump over to her blog and give her birthday wishes as well. =)

Glad to hear you girls had fun.