Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Simba the Adolescent

Matt and I have been watching a spot on Simba's chin for a few weeks. I thought Juliet scratched him when they were fighting, but it wasn't healing or going away. After consulting the family veterinarian (Matt's cousin Kim), I made an appointment at the vet to have it checked out. I had to wake poor Simba up, bribe him with treats to get him out from under the bed and then stick him in the cat carrier. I think Juliet heard the treats, so she came out to see what was going on, but ran away when she saw the cat carrier. She knows what that means! I love our new vet, and we were in and out in less than 30 minutes (20 minutes after our actual appointment time) with a diagnosis of mild cat acne (cacne, as I call it) and stuff to put on his chin. It was all quite painless, though I did hear Simba when they took him to weigh him and take his temperature, so I think I know where the thermometer went! After hearing him whining in the car the whole way to the vet and the way back, I let him out of the cat carrier when we got in the neighborhood. He started crawling all around, so I took a few pictures when we got home.

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

you need to get a picture of his chin.

Anonymous said...

I like your term, cacne ( or catne!).