Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring break!

My spring break officially started at 3:45 pm Friday afternoon. I am looking forward to 9 days away from school. I know my students are as well, and I do not feel bad about that. My first idea is to do all of the touch up painting that I haven't gotten to in the last two years. Tonight Matt and I went to The Home Depot because my aunt Barbara said that they had annuals on sale 3/$1. I am not really a fan of annuals because, as the name suggests, they only last for 1 year, but I figure at that price we can afford to replace them! Unfortunately, HD was out of them, so I convinced Matt to go to Lowe's to see if they do price matching. They had annuals on sale for $0.33 each, so I figure that's close enough! Now we have another project to add to the list!! We bought some marigolds, petunias and impatiens.

Matt found out Friday that he qualifies for unemployment. It will be nice to have the money coming in while he is out of work, but we are both hoping that he will find a job soon. He has talked to a few different recruiters, so he is getting his name and resume out there, but one told him that everyone is just moving slow. Matt is being good and helping around the house and studying for a certification test, but it's not the same as having a full-time job. I kind of understand how he feels since I don't work over the summer and it can be boring, but I also know that is a completely different situation. We are hoping this is a very short term situation!

No comments: