Saturday, March 7, 2009

Landscaping

Matt and I have been talking for a while about taking out the bushes out front and redoing the flowerbed. Matt wanted to wait until we wouldn't get any more freezes, and this weekend we got started. We went to Lowe's to start pricing new stone and plants. We looked into renting a tiller because we need to lay sod soon, too. When we got home I decided to start taking out some of the bushes. I asked Matt to get me some water and he decided to stay and help out. I'm glad he did because we were able to get all of the bushes out. I was just going to do a couple by myself. It's a work in progress, but at least we got started!

I am excited that our tree out front is blooming. I was afraid it wouldn't survive all of the freezes. I can't wait for it to start getting full again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two sure did a LOT of work in just one day! It'll look so nice when you're finished.

Kelli said...

I just got a glimpse back into what life was like without kids. I remember doing some of the same fun at-home projects years ago on our very first house. We'd take the whole weekend, plating plants, laying sod and we even created our own koi (fish) pond in our backyard complete with lilypads and a waterfall. Ah, those were the days. Now we're lucky if we get the lawn mowed!=)

Anyways, have fun you two!!