Sunday, July 26, 2015

Christmas in July

It did not go unnoticed that I did not post anything about our Christmas this year.  Everyone knows that the holidays are a busy time and sitting down and blogging is not something I made time for...until now! :)

I found cute snowflake glass jars at Target and grabbed a few for teacher gifts.  My friend Amber has a homemade hot chocolate recipe and I have had it before and know it's good.  When I asked her for the recipe she said it made so much we should go together on the ingredients and make them for all of the boys' teachers.  She wasn't kidding when she said it made a lot!  After we filled up our jars, she let Xavier like the pan.  I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to give him a bath, and I don't think the pictures truly show how covered he was.



Alex had a Christmas party at school and they made him into the cutest angel!  Unfortunately it didn't last long.






I was able to help out at Robbie's class party.  They made donut snowmen.  I'm sure the whole idea is lost on the kids who just want to eat it all!

Robbie's snowman


"You mean I have to wait to eat it??"


At Robbie's school they "fed" reindeer.  They each took of their shoes (or maybe just one), left it outside of the classroom with a sugar cube in it.  They went back into the room and read a story and when they went back out later, the sugar cube was gone and the reindeer left them a treat!  Robbie loved it!  They also made bags of reindeer food to leave out for the reindeer on Christmas Eve.  The boys loved tossing it all over the yard.



We took the kids to the live nativity.  Luckily we didn't have too long of a wait to go through this year, but Catie was a little cranky.  Our shepherd guide held her for a while and she thoroughly enjoyed that.  After we went through and heard the story of Jesus' birth there's a petting zoo area and the kids loved petting the animals.  They also liked the free cookies!







I heard a few times "Mom, come see what Catie is doing!"  It's amazing to see how much she has changed since Christmas when pulling up was a big deal.


We didn't do "big" gifts this year like the cars we gave them last year, but they didn't seem to mind.  All of the kids get spoiled enough by "Santa" and his special elves (aka family).

No comments: