Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Catie

Catie has been doing so much growing and learning lately.  It's just so fun to see what she comes up with.  She definitely understands what we are telling her, and it's always amazing to see her respond appropriately.  I never know what kids know, so I'm always surprised to see her doing what I've asked such as throwing away garbage, getting a granola bar and even putting one away when I told her to because she already had one.  The kids all brush their teeth at the same time in the morning and the boys rinse and put their toothbrushes away.  Catie usually walks around with hers and sets it down wherever she gets distracted with something else.  This morning I found hers in the sink and I'm guessing she was just copying her brothers.  And she does copy her brothers!  She yells just like them and with them and yells when I turn on the vacuum just like they do.  They have her trained well. :)

Catie had her 15 month check up June 25th...yes, a day before she was 15 months.  She is 21 lbs and 30 1/2 inches, 50% for both.  She's our perfectly average girl!

Catie, our beach babe on our first trip to the beach.  We've gone to the beach and pool several times this summer and she is quite fearless around water.  I'm seriously considering doing swimming lessons for her.  I think she's going to be our little fish!  And thanks to Jonathan and Chat for her adorable swimsuit!





Catie hamming it up with an orange slice.  I just love her sense of humor!




Catie after getting home from one of our trips.  I'm not sure if she's happy to be out of the car, happy to be home or just happy. :)


We got 4th of July cupcakes.  I broke the bottom (cake) part off the cupcake to give it to her since Catie wanted NOTHING to do with icing at her birthday party, but she had none of that this time around.  Had I known I would have taken her shirt off.


"What?  This isn't how you eat a cupcake?"


I made scrambled eggs for the two of us for breakfast this morning.  While we were eating Alex called for me in the family room, so I left Catie with a few bites of eggs and went to see what Alex wanted.  He had thrown up on the couch, so I was a little longer getting back to my breakfast than I had planned and found Catie had reached the plate and helped herself to all the eggs.  I couldn't be mad at her, though, because who's ever hungry after cleaning up vomit?

"You see, Mom, you got up and left me."


"And that's why I had to eat your eggs."


She was just talking and talking when I came back.  I got a bit on video.  Obviously we need to teach her not to talk with her mouth full and she knows who I am.



This is probably one of Catie's favorite tricks:



This is a video of Catie going up and down the little slide.  A few night ago Matthew found Catie at the top of the big slide.  When he got her down she climbed right back up!  She also tried to climbing up the stairs of the swing set, but couldn't quite figure it out at the top.  I need to keep my eye on her!




Yes, when Catie puts her head down she wants someone to flip her.


No comments: