Thursday, March 19, 2015

Catie's 1st birthday photo session

Saturday we drove to see my sister and her family and do Catie's 1st birthday pictures.  Lisa's friend Jenna is a wonderful photographer who also did Robbie and Alex's 1st birthday pictures.  It was a great excuse to visit. :)  The boys were so excited to see their cousins.  And I know I always say it, but it's so nice that they play so well together.  I don't think there were any fights or tears, so it was a good day. :)

Lisa bought a cookie cake so we could celebrate Catie's birthday with them.  I don't know if my kids have ever had a cookie cake before, but they LOVED it!

The cake that Lisa wrote on.


Waiting while we sing "Happy Birthday."


Can I have it now?


What do you mean I can't have the whole thing??




I wasn't sure how the pictures were going to turn out since the boys didn't nap (Elise generously offered to let Catie nap in her crib), but they did great.  One day they will learn to smile for pictures.  Until then, we are stuck with the cheesy smiles. :)

The funniest part of the photo session came when we brought out the smash cake (isn't that always the best part??).  The boys were both unsure at first, but Catie couldn't get away from the cake fast enough.  It's almost like she was scared of it!  I even put some icing on my finger to give her a taste, but she tried to wipe it off instead of eat it.  Unfortunately she kicked the cake and got dirt and grass in it so NO ONE could enjoy it.  Luckily we planned on going to Piggies for dinner and the kids' meals came with an ice cream cone, so they weren't too upset about not getting a piece cake.  And they had cookie cake at lunch, so they really didn't need another dessert.  But I was hoping for a piece. :)

We went back to the house to let Catie open her present and say good-bye.  It was a fun day for everyone!

Catie and Elise are good buddies.  Elise was so sweet with Catie and Catie loves playing with older girls.


We are so excited for her present!  And the Jack-in-the-box.






Cousin hugs!






Jenna's amazing pictures

How is this sweet girl almost 1??






I think she was trying to reach for Matthew here.


Daddy's girl!


I love my kids!



Best brothers for life!


So close to a good picture.  Well, if it weren't for those cheesy faces! :)



My big girl!


I love her open mouth smiles!




This one is my favorite!




What is this??


You want me to do what with it?


I don't think so.


Run away!!


Is it safe to go back?



No comments: