Saturday, January 11, 2014

28 week appointment

Tuesday was my latest OB appointment.  I dropped Robbie off at Mother's Morning Out and then came home to measure out my 5 oz of orange syrup for my glucose tolerance test.

I don't think Alex appreciated all of the getting into and out of the car, though.  The hardest part was him trying to play with me while the nurse was doing the blood draw.  I think he really wanted the ball I was squeezing to get my blood moving.  The ARNP I met with said I would get a call if I did not pass and it would take 2-3 days to get the results.  I'm optimistically thinking that I passed since 3 business days passed and I didn't get a phone call.  I also had my hemoglobin tested.  I'm barely above their minimum level before they tell me I have to take iron supplements (I was 10.7 and the minimum is 10.5).  The nurse suggested I go ahead and take them anyway and I finally started today.  Prenatal iron-deficiency anemia isn't uncommon and hopefully within a week the extra iron will help.  (My biggest complaint has been fatigue, which is a symptom of anemia.)

Better news: Catie is measuring well and her heartbeat is great.  I don't think she like the Doppler, though, because it usually takes the nurse a while to find her to hear the heartbeat.  It would make me more nervous if I wasn't feeling her move around every day.



More news: I asked the ARNP about scheduling Catie's c-section.  She wasn't sure how long it would take for the scheduler to get back to me and I was surprised to get a call the next morning.  (Actually, I was a little worried they were calling to say I didn't pass my glucose test.)  The only 2 days that my doctor is on the schedule was March 26th and 27th, so I picked the 26th, one day before her due date, the 27th.  Really, Wednesday just seemed like a better day no matter what the date was.  I'm still not setting the date in stone as Catie can still decide to come on her own earlier.  If that happens I will just go in for an early c-section.  Hopefully we'll be ready whenever she comes. :)

No comments: