Monday, December 23, 2013

Finally!

I have been feeling Catie move since mid-October.  I've been able to feel her with my hand since mid-November.  The past couple of weeks I've even been able to see my belly move as her kicks get stronger.  Yesterday was the first time Matthew felt her move!  We were sitting in church and I just grabbed Matt's hand after I felt the first kick and he was able to feel it, too.  Probably the only time that Matt is going to feel her is if he is sitting next to me because usually she's done by the time I call him and he comes over.  Hopefully this isn't the last time he feels her kicks.  Less than 14 weeks left to go!

After a pretty long night Saturday night with Alex and Robbie sharing a room and, of course, they didn't sleep in, everyone was tired Sunday!  Alex fell asleep at church.  We knew that meant he wouldn't nap in the afternoon.  Robbie was upset that Alex didn't nap with him yesterday and took a short nap because he was sad that Alex wasn't sleeping in the room with him.  Thankfully that meant that they both slept through the night last night!  With both of them having a cold come and go since Thanksgiving, someone has been waking up at night.  Robbie got out of bed a little after 8 last night and stood at his door.  I laid with him for about 5 minutes and then he fell asleep.  Robbie used to get up in the morning and just come in our room, but lately he's been staying in bed crying until we come in to get him.  This morning he laid in bed shouting "THERE'S A 6 ON THE CLOCK!!" until I sent Matt in to get him.  I don't know if Alex was already awake or if Robbie's shouting woke him up, but they were both awake when Matt got there.  Hopefully the sleeping through the night is the new trend! :)

No comments: