Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cookie Decorating

One of the moms from my Mom to Mom group (whom I lovingly call the Daisies, because that's our table's flower) offered to host the moms and kids for a Christmas cookie decorating party.  I half considered having it here, but she offered before I could.  We each brought cookies and different toppings to decorate with.  The kids really did a good job of keeping the icing and sprinkles on the table (and cookies and fingers and mouths!).  The kids each only decorated one or two cookies each...and ate them, of course!  Then it was off to play.  The moms were able to sit and talk for a while, which was nice.  We were the last to leave and hopefully that was ok.  Robbie kept saying that he wanted to stay a little bit longer, but it was getting to be Isabella's nap time, so we really had to go.  (Apparently my kids have the latest nap time in our group.)  We pulled through Chick-fil-a on the way home so Robbie and Alex could eat and then head to bed for their own naps.  Luckily the sugar had made its way through their system and they crashed like good little boys. :)

I got a Christmas Jell-o mold at Publix a few weeks ago and was excited that the jigglers turned out so well.


Alex going for the icing.


Whoops, he missed the cookie!!


Robbie cookie decorating.


He eventually let me help him, though he didn't share it with me when it was done.


Christmas cookie Hitler.


Most of the kids around the table.


No comments: