Sunday, May 5, 2013

Alex's first haircut

A while ago I wanted to get Alex's hair cut, but then his curls really started coming in and I changed my mind.  Then his hair just got too long and I knew we were going to have to get it taken care of even though I knew it might mean losing his curls.  The thought of Alex losing his curls made everyone sad, but he really needed a haircut!  The original plan was for me to take Alex and Matthew and Robbie were going to go to Costco.  At the last minute Robbie decided to come with me and Alex.  The kiddie salon is pretty far from us and both kids fell asleep on the way.

We had a little wait before Alex's turn and the kids amused themselves in the hair wash station.  I know that sounds messy, but their hair wash station is actually a big firetruck that has a bed for the kids to lie down on and get their hair washed.


They had different chair for the kids to get their hair cut: a plane, a firetruck, a sports car, a boat, another one that I don't remember, and a regular salon chair.  The firetruck and boat were open and I chose the firetruck.  Each station has a tv and the kids can pick a movie to watch when they get their hair cut.  Curious George was already on at the firetruck and both kids like that show.  As an added bonus, the boy next to us was watching "Cars", so they could watch either one.  The stylist put a cape on Alex and blew some bubbles to get him comfortable in the chair.

Alex checking out the firetruck (with the hair wash station in the background).


His hair had gotten pretty out of control.


What is she doing?  (Blowing bubbles)


Looking at the bubbles.


Alex in his firetruck and Robbie on "his".


Then it was time to wet Alex's hair and get it cut!

Combing it out.


Spraying him down.


The first cut!


Watching George with a cute mohawk.


What is she doing, Mommy?


I don't know if I like this.


Watching "Cars"


Are we done, yet??


Finished cut!  You can't tell, but he does still have curls in his hair. :)


Robbie watching "Cars"


When the kid in the airplane was done, Robbie got to sit in it, though at one point he did ask if he could trade places with Alex.


Alex playing with the plane's propeller after his haircut.


We all got lollipops for being good while Alex got his hair cut!  (I had the lollipops in my pocket.  While I was paying the stylist the boys decided they wanted to play with the toys they have in the waiting area.  When I got the keys out one of the lollipops fell out.  Robbie asked if it was his and I told him he could have it when he was buckled in his car seat.  He was suddenly ready to leave!)


No comments: