Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We enjoyed a family-filled week for Thanksgiving.  We drove down Tuesday and spent the night with my parents.  Wednesday we went to visit my grandma for a while.  My poor grandma, I knocked on the door, but Robbie just wanted to go see the fish, so we took off and left Matthew and Alex standing at her door.  Luckily, in the craziness my grandma recognized Matthew and then my mom came in after being on the phone with her sister.  Robbie loves looking at the fish and playing with the seashell decorations.  When my grandma finally caught up with us Robbie opened her walker looking for crackers.  She always keeps some and Robbie knows they are in there.  We spent some time outside before leaving to have lunch at Jonathan's Chick-fil-a with Chat and the kids.  The kids enjoyed playing (though we had a hard time helping Robbie up the tunnel's steps) and getting ice cream for dessert.  The plan was to go to a nearby park to run off the rest of their energy, but Robbie and Alex fell asleep, so we headed home.  Robbie was so upset when he woke up back at the house!

Jonathan, Chat and the kids came by my parents' house for a while before we went to my aunt and uncle's for lunch.  It was so nice of them to host the family and I was impressed that we were able to fit in their house, though I miss the kids table.  Lunch was so good and there wasn't much left over.  Afterward we watched a video that my aunt and mom put together for my grandparent's 45th wedding anniversary.  It was fun seeing the pictures and hearing their story.  It was also great to spend time with my aunt, uncle and cousins.

From there we went to Matt's aunt and uncle's house (which is very close to my aunt and uncle's!) to visit with his family.  We missed Brian and Jamie, though.  Alex loved the leftover sweet potatoes and left a serious dent in their leftovers.  We weren't there for too long, but we were glad we were able to see everyone.

Friday Chat brought the kids over for some grandparent time while she and her friend went shopping, so Robbie and Alex got in a little cousin time before we met up with Matt's mom.  We were going to go back to the park that we didn't go to because Robbie fell asleep, but it ends up that the park was closed.  Luckily Barbara knew about another park that was open, so we played for a while.  We checked out the ducks and goose (yes, just one).  We tried to see the turtles, but there were other kids that scared them into the water.  Later Robbie was talking about the "noisy turtles".  When Robbie sat at a picnic table and said he was very hungry, we knew it was time to go.  We met Mimi, Gramps, Monet, Mark and Bridgette for lunch.  Well, Alex wanted to sleep, so we ended up resting in the car, but the few bites I had were good!  Robbie took a nap back at Barbara's and woke up shortly after Mimi and Gramps arrived.  We stayed through dinner and then headed back to my parents' house and got there when they were finished eating with their guests, Jonathan, Chat, Mia and Nathan!  Robbie was excited to see his cousins again.  They play well together.  He was asking where they were the next morning.  It was kind of sad telling him they weren't coming.

We packed up Saturday morning and met Jim, Jean, Brittany, Patrick, Mariruth, Caitlin and Will for family pictures.  As soon as I saw the photographer I knew I knew her.  It ends up we were in Campus Crusade together 12 years ago!  She did a great job and both her and her assistant were very patient with the kids.  I would have been exhausted after our session, but she said she had another one to go to later in the afternoon.  I hope she was able to get in a nap!  We spent the rest of the day at Jim and Jean's house.  Jean has been slowly adding to their toy collection so they have toys when their grandkids come over.  We also exchanged Christmas presents with the cousins since we won't see each other at Christmas.  The kids had fun looking for the cats, though the cats didn't come too close to the kids!  Pat and Mariruth left before dinner and we left after dinner.  It's nice to know that we will see everyone again in a month!

Even though I thought about it a couple of times, the camera stayed in the bag.  Hopefully we'll get some photos from others that took pictures!

No comments: