Sunday, August 19, 2012

6 months, 22 months and a baby dedication


Alex turned 6 months on Thursday!  Unlike July, this month has gone by quickly and now he's half a year old.  Gone are the days when he would lie still while I changed his diaper.  He is definitely curious about the world around him.  He's also getting pretty good at eating cereal.  Robbie wanted to try Alex's cereal one night but was not too impressed by it.  Now Robbie just wants Alex's spoon, but not with cereal on it!  Alex is doing some army crawling as well as the lunging.  I guess he is officially crawling now that he is making forward progress, but at least he still remains in one room!  I know I need to go through his clothes and take out the small ones and add the next size up, but there are still some 3 month outfits that he fits into and that may even be a little roomie on him!

One week






One month



Two months


Three months


Four months


Five months


Six months


Robbie is 22 months today which means in 2 months he'll be 2 years old!  I'm often asked if time goes by quickly, which it does, but I don't know if this year has gone by faster than last year.  It probably has, it's been a pretty big year!  I'm so glad that Robbie loves Alex.  Robbie will literally pull Alex out of my lap when I'm sitting on the couch so he can give Alex a hug.  I'm pretty sure Robbie thinks he can carry Alex.  Luckily I have not seen him try to pick up Alex when I'm not helping him hold on.  Robbie is getting better at counting.  He loves to say the colors of cars, though some cars are tough!  I wish there weren't crazy colors like "sandy desert at dusk".  That's just brown for now.  For a while he has grabbed my hand so I will go wherever he wants to take me.  Now if I don't get up fast enough he says "walk" and "come on".  Guess I say that often enough to him.  He's definitely becoming Mr. Repeat so we'll have to be extra careful what we say around him!

Robbie at church this morning.






Today was Alex's baby dedication at church.  It's a time for parents to commit to raising their children in a Christian home and teach them about Jesus.  My parents were able to come up for the weekend and go to church with us.  I know Matthew's family would have come if they were able to make it.  Both boys did great on stage.  We took the boys back to the nursery while we went back in for the service. 

They reserved seating for the family members that attended, so my parents took a few pictures during the ceremony.

All of us on stage.


They did a slideshow and put up a picture of each of the baby being dedicated.  Here we are with Alex's picture behind us.


The picture of Alex.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know he was the cutest baby on stage and Robbie was the cutest sibling. We loved sharing that time with you!