Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kick It Up

I think everyone knows by now that I entered a local weight loss competition. It's 13 weeks long and today starts week 4. I can't believe we have been doing it for almost a month! The only requirement to enter is that you have to be a mom. I applied and didn't think too much about it after that, but then I got a call that I was one of 30 semi-finalists. I thought I bombed the interview (apparently most of the moms felt that way after their interview), so I was surprised when I got the call the next day saying that I was a finalist.

We had orientation 4 weeks ago and then we jumped right into the workouts. Two weeks ago was our first time in the studio. They introduced all of the moms and let us know that no one was being eliminated that week. We didn't even weigh in that week. Last week was the first weigh in. I said at the beginning that I want to lose 4 ponds a week. I know that will be easy at the beginning and get harder as the weeks go on. After 2 weeks I lost 5.14%, making me the biggest loser of the week. I was shocked because I heard that other moms had lost a lot of weight. I got interviewed on the show and just tried not to sound too dorky.

They opened the envelope on air and announced me as the biggest loser:



I kept saying all week that I don't want to be the biggest loser again until the finals. It was a lot of pressure. My trainer said that other moms were asking what I was doing. It's easy: watch what you eat and exercise. I also didn't want to go home this week, either! I was shocked last week when they announced me as the biggest loser and even more shocked that I did it again this week! I know this might sound bad, but I was kind of disappointed that it was me again this week. I'm going to feel even more pressure. Plus, I thought this would be a friendly competition, but I think some of the moms are taking it more seriously that I am (at least the competition part, maybe not the weight loss).

Second envelope:



I finally remembered to take my camera to the studio this week, so I took a bunch of pictures before we started taping.



Here is last week's episode (I just added the first segment). They announce me around the 3 minute mark.



It takes a day for them to put the video online, so I'll add today's show tomorrow.

No comments: