Saturday, February 19, 2011

Robbie is 4 months old!

I can't believe that another month has come and gone. Time sure does fly. We are getting out more. I can't say that Robbie is on any sort of schedule, but we're working on it. I would just like to know what to expect from him. Robbie still isn't sleeping through the night. We tried putting him to bed earlier, but he actually sleeps longer when he goes to bed at 10. Sometimes when I put his legs in his swaddle blanket he'll put his arms down for me. Other times he'd rather suck on his fingers, so I'll let him keep one hand out. He will even spit out his paci in favor of his fingers (I'm glad he's using it less and less). I have gone in to get him up and he's had both arms and a leg out of his blanket. I'm not quite sure how he does it! Robbie will hold his legs up when you change him, so that's helpful.

He sits in his Bumbo and likes it a lot more now than he did when we started putting him in it. I'm sure it's because he can hold his head up more. We are just starting to work on him sitting up by himself, but I think it will be a while before that happens. Robbie isn't rolling over yet, though he is definitely making the motions to do it. He will also lie on his stomach for longer periods of time, though he still doesn't like it much. If you get his feet under him in the squatting position, he can push himself up (with back support). He's still wobbly when we stand him on his feet. He is also liking his jumperoo more. We used to have a pillow under it because his feet wouldn't reach, even on the lowest setting. Matt took the pillow away and he can almost get both feet flat on the floor.

He talks a lot now and he can make a "mum" sound, so he's working on his first word! Of course, I'd rather he be saying "dad" so Matt will have to get him!

Robbie is camera shy, so whenever I try to get a picture of him doing something cute he stops. Go figure!

We go to the pediatrician Monday, so we'll get his measurements then. Robbie still fits into 3 month clothes and he's wearing size 2 diapers until we finish this last stack, then we'll go up to size 3's.

Watch me grow:

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I can't believe he's 4 months old!!! I can't wait to see him again!

Anonymous said...

That whale is shrinking!