Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mom and Dad

My parents came up for the weekend. It's the first time they were up together since my family came up for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. Mom called Tuesday night and asked about coming up Friday. I forgot that Friday night was graduation, but they only got to town a few minutes before I got home. They stopped in St. Augustine to have dinner with two of their friends from Palatka. Saturday we drove up to Savannah and walked and drove around for a few hours. We also drove by Matt's new office and toured one of the new neighborhoods being built nearby. That town sure has high hopes of becoming a big city. We came home for a few minutes before heading to Kan-Ki, our favorite Japanese steakhouse. Apparently it was prom night, because there were a bunch of kids all dressed up. Luckily they weren't at our table. We went across the street to Krispy Kreme for donuts for the morning.

After church we came back to the house to change and head out to lunch with my cousin, Kristen, and her husband. They used to be so close to us, but now they are moving out to the beach. Actually, that's a great excuse to go out to the beach! :)

I hope mom and dad got home. I haven't heard from them yet...

3 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I can officially tell you that they're home! :)
How come mom and dad go to fancy restaurants with you, but only take us to cheap places when they're with us???

Anonymous said...

I've tried all week to think of a good come back to that remark but can't.
Who said it was fancy - just good. :)

nick, robyn and taylor said...

japanese steakhouse & krispy kreme sounds like a good night to me!