Friday, April 17, 2009

Playing Hookey

I took the day off work so Matt and I could hang out before he goes back to work. If you are wondering, we couldn't really do it this weekend because we are heading up to North Carolina for Matt's niece's baptism. We slept in, then hit the road to St. Augustine. We toured the Lightner museum and then went up the lighthouse (219 steps). Matt was brave enough to walk up the lighthouse, but not go out to the viewing deck. It was really windy and there were a bunch of kids there too. After that we headed up to Jacksonville Beach to eat at Joe's Crab Shack. Yum! We were going to walk on the beach, but it was cold and windy. I guess the water temperature is still low keeping the sea breeze cool. On our way home we drove around UNF. They have added a bunch of buildings! We walked around the Town Center mall, then headed to the library so I could get a book for the trip. I've been relaxing this afternoon and Matt has been getting the house ready for his mom and grandparents tonight. It's been a nice day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had all the days off that you do! Lisa and I are jealous of you. I know you had a nice weekend, too, even with all the driving. :) You and Matt sure get around.