Friday, December 19, 2008

School's out for Christmas!

Monday I never thought today would come, but time certainly flies these days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This was a really easy week for me because the last 3 days have been half days for the students because of exams. I had to work full days Monday - Thursday, but I was able to leave at noon today. That was awesome because I was able to meet up with Matt for lunch. He still stuck me with the bill, though. After lunch I was able to finish up my Christmas shopping. That is so great to be able to say!! Matt, on the other hand, let's just say it's not Christmas Eve. :)

I barely beat Matt home and was able to lock myself in the room to wrap his gifts. Yes, I do think he would have come in if I didn't lock the door! When I was finished I was able to show him all of the gifts I got from my students. The families are so generous, and I know many are hurting during these economic times. I love my job (99% of the time!) and I love my students (I won't comment on how much of the time..) and the gifts are never expected. I truly am blessed!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Yeah, 1/2 the year is done. I always loved this marking point in the school year. A few weeks off is never a bad thing. With the baby, we weren't exactly "trying" (we were planning on adopting), but what a blessing this baby is. We're pretty pumped. =) Children are such a blessing, but A LOT of work. Whenever I read your blog, I'm reminded of the sweet time Rob and I had before kids. We had 4 years of just us and we LOVED it. (Take your time!) he he...