Monday, December 15, 2008

Savannah

When the staff at school decided to get a group to go to Savannah I was quick to put our names on the list. Matt and I went to Savannah about 4 years ago. I like to call that the trip that Matt didn't propose on, because I was so sure it was coming!! We went to Uncle Bubba's for lunch. I think he is Paula Deen's brother. After lunch he came into the room and we got to take pictures with him. He seemed really nice and he also seemed like he wanted to sell out his gift shop. We walked with another couple for a while and they wanted to shop and we wanted to walk around the squares and look at the historic houses. I do wish we bought another walking map so we knew what we were looking at! The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist was open for visitors and that is a beautiful building! We went to Fuddruckers for dinner and walked by the riverfront for a little while before heading back to the bus. I think we were both glad that we could sit and that neither of us had to drive home. I wore a pedometer and it said that we walked 5.3 miles. I figure even if it's off by 10% that's still a lot of walking!! We'd like to go back and make a weekend trip of it, but that won't be for a while, though probably not another 4 years! I'm only including a few of the pictures we took. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Looks like a fun trip. Ahhh...the days when Rob and I used to travel "kid free". Wait, I can't remember. =)