Sunday, November 9, 2008

Quick Visit

My dad and abuelo drove up to Jacksonville Friday to stay overnight on their way up to North Carolina. Dad said they drove around Palatka and saw the houses he lived in while he was there. They pulled in the driveway shortly after I got home Friday afternoon and both took a quick nap. We went to The Loop for pizza and burgers and met up with my cousin and her husband. They have been living in Jacksonville for a while, but this is the first time we got together with them. I love that Mark is another non-Spanish speaking family member! Dad and abuelo left around 6:15 Saturday morning and made it to Wake Forest around 3 (I think that's what mom said). I find it funny that the last time they were at our house was last Thanksgiving and our house looks pretty much the same because we have the same Thanksgiving decorations out. I'm glad they were able to stop and visit, if only for a short time.

No comments: