Friday, May 23, 2008

Tooting My Own Horn

I got this email yesterday from one of the parents. It was just so nice I had to share it! I did change names for privacy purposes.

Hi Mrs. Wurdeman,

I just wanted to thank you for all you have done for my daughter the past 2 years. She has really enjoyed being in your class and has learned more about science in the past 2 years than we ever imagined. We sincerely feel that you are one of the best teachers my daughter has ever had. Your enthusiasm for the subject, and the organization in the presentation of the material really engaged my daughter in a subject she previously had no interest in. Thanks so much for the extra effort you went to last year in helping her understand the material. We have truly appreciated your dedication to teaching her. Most importantly, you made learning fun and that has made all the difference!

I'm not at all sure that we have made the best decision to try a new school next year and have had many sleepless nights regarding this decision. She has prospered so much at your school and I have felt for the past 2 years that your school was the perfect fit for her. That being said my daughter wants to try a "bigger pond" and after much prayer we decided to let her try the larger environment. We are hopeful that it will work out and will truly miss the wonderful people at your school. In the meantime, we will continue to support your school with our praise & prayers. Thanks again for being such a wonderful role model and teacher.

Sincerely, An 8th Grade Parent

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of her to take the time to write that letter to you. I'm very proud of the work you do at Mandarin. I always knew you were a good teacher. Wonder if she cc'd it to the higher ups???

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Aw how nice. Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

Kelli said...

Nothing wrong with tooting your own horn girl! That's great. It's so nice as a teacher, knowing that you're impressing on little minds, encouraging them to learn. Hope to see you and Lisa this Saturday night!!! I heard you're in town. =)