Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Finally!

Alex's top right tooth came through!  I even had Matthew check for double confirmation. :)  He was a little extra snotty this morning.  Hopefully the next two teeth that I see coming will be here soon, too.  I'm going to miss his toothless smile, but I knew that time was coming to an end.

A few weeks ago my Mom to Mom Bible study did a playdate at one of the fire stations in town.  I thought Robbie would love it because he loves seeing firetrucks and whenever he hears a siren he says "I hear firetruck!"  Unfortunately that was not the case when we went to the fire station.  He was doing fine until I let a fireman put him into the truck.  I handed him off and then turned to the stroller to grab the camera and when I turned back around he was crying.  He wasn't too happy the rest of the time.  There were 2 other trucks still in the garage that he was willing to go near and even wanted to climb into one of them, but the truck that had been pulled out for the kids to look at was off limits!  At one point they got a call, so two of the trucks had to leave.  Robbie said they "went to an emergency".  I hate to say it, but he knew that because of a "Bubble Guppies" episode.  I guess tv can be educational! :)  They let kids hold the fire hose (obviously not on full blast) and Robbie didn't want to do that.  He wouldn't even go by the truck for a group picture!  Oh well, maybe next year will be better.

Ok looking at the truck for now:






Keeping his eye on the fireman!


Going to an emergency (it was a minor car accident one of them told us when they returned)




Pretty much how Robbie was most of the time.



For my birthday this year I wanted to do a platter with Robbie and Alex's hand prints.  Last year I made a Christmas platter with Robbie's footprints at a Mom to Mom playdate (we do a lot of fun things!), but they didn't do it this year, so I went to a pottery studio that I had been to before.  The original plan was for all four of us to go, I would get the boys hand prints and then Matthew would take them out for a while until I was finished with the platter.  When do things ever go as planned??  As soon as Robbie saw the paint and paintbrushes he wanted to paint.  I started letting him paint the platter orange, hoping that would satisfy him.  It did not, so I got more colors and let him dab the plate with the brush.  The paint got a little thick, so we let it dry while we went next door for lunch.  After lunch I came back with Alex and did his hand and then Matthew came in with Robbie and I did Robbie's hand.  Matt took the boys outside while I finished the details and words.  I wish I had outlined their hands so they stood out more, but they are a little easier to see in person.  As we were leaving Matthew jokingly asked "Are you sure you spelled everything right?  You didn't leave the 's' out of Thanksgiving did you?"  I really couldn't remember if I wrote the "s" so I made him go back in to check!  I don't know what I would have done if I had left it out, though.  I couldn't imagine the boys lasting through another platter painting (for sure not that day).

The finished product:


 Robbie saw the platter out yesterday because I finally got around to taking a picture of it.  I reminded him how we went and painted the plate, so he wanted to paint the plate.  I wasn't going to let him paint over our masterpiece, so I let him paint on a paper plate.  Luckily Matthew found some water color paints over the weekend that Robbie got in a birthday party goodie bag because he didn't want to finger paint with the Color Wonder paint we have.  He had just as much fun with the paper plate, you can ask Lisa because Robbie talked to her while he was painting.

My Picasso:








I learned last week that there is an "other" mailbox in my Facebook inbox.  As I was looking at messages I had received over a year ago I read one that said that I won a contest I entered (I think it was for a beginner toothbrush set).  Boy was I bummed that I didn't see that message!  The next day I got a package in the mail from MAM and I knew I hadn't ordered anything from them.  I figured if Matthew had he would have had the package addressed to him instead of me and, at the risk of spoiling a Christmas present, I opened it.  Turns out I won another contest that I didn't know I had won!  I had to give my address when entering that contest, so it was a pleasant surprise.  I'm guessing I also had to say it was for a boy since the bowls and cutlery set was blue.  I also got 5 $1 coupons for their products.

My winnings!


After dinner tonight we went out to look at Christmas lights.  We first stopped at a house that syncs lights to music.  We usually go and have to wait for other cars, but there were only a few of us tonight, so we drove through a couple of times.  There is another neighborhood where several houses put up a lot of lights and decorations, so we walked around there, too.  I asked Robbie if he wanted to keep looking at lights or go home since we were close to the car and he said he wanted to go home.  We were only a couple of steps away from the car when Robbie tripped and busted his lip.  It was pretty bloody, though nothing major.  I think Robbie was more freaked out by the taste of blood than actually hurting himself.  Fortunately we were able to calm him down and get him in his car seat to drive home.  I made a mega bubble bath to coax him into the tub (it worked!), but it was late and neither boy was really into the bath.  Hopefully the bubbles will be gone tomorrow, but I'm not confident that they will be!

Bubble boys!




Alex Bubble Head


Robbie Bubble Head


Smiles even with a busted lip.





No comments: